January 13, 2014 SFTC PICKS
My Personal SFTC Record (Majority as a monthly wins player): 4,125-3,230 (.561)
Personal January SFTC Record (Felixgodnandez – monthly player): 45-32
Overall Site Picks Record: 7,605-5,676 (.572)
Overall Pick of the Day Record: 201-90 (.690)
January Overall Record: 94-80
January Stash Path Record: 4-2
2. West Virginia
1. Ghana (Low Streak/Confident): It’s usually not a good idea to go against Ghana in these African tournament matches, especially at home. They are anywhere from -143 to -200 in this one. These 2 teams have not met since 2011, when Ghana beat them 3-1 and 3-0. Ghana is obviously a World Cup caliber team, while Congo is not.
2. AOR (Low Streak)
3. Arsenal Scores 1st Goal of 2nd Half (Low Streak)
4. Real Sociedad (Low Streak): Sociedad is playing really well right now, winning 5 straight league matches. Villarreal has not won in their last 4 home matches.
5. No Aston Villa Goal in 2nd Half (Low Streak- confidence level subject to change)
6. Virginia (Low Streak): Virginia was a nice under the radar pre-season pick to make some noise in the ACC and Duke hasn’t really been impressive at all. This should be a pretty tight game throughout. Virginia makes around 5 3’s per game and the spread is 5.5.
7. Harris/Brogdon (Low Streak): Top 2 scorers for UVA that average about 20 ppg combined. Parker has really cooled off over the last chunk of games, but is obviously capable of a big half at home.
8. West Virginia (Low Streak/Confident): 5.5 point favorites at home.
9. Lightning (Low Streak)
10. Suns (Low Streak)
11. Jets (Low Streak)
12. 10/Fewer (subject to change)
13. TBD (Low Streak): It could be tough for Iowa State to win this game at home without DeAndre Kane. His status will probably determine my pick.
14. Syracuse (Low Streak): Syracuse is bound to have an off game at some point this season and it will most likely come on the road. Until that happens, I’m going to roll with them to continue their dominance. They’re favored by 10 points.
15. Yes 6-1 or 6-0 (subject to change)
16. Kings (Low Streak)